• Guards at Hussein Execution Arrested for Unauthorized Footage; Government Orders Inquiry (January 3-4, 2007)
• Democratic-Controlled U.S. Congress Convenes; Pelosi Elected First Woman Speaker of the House (January 4, 2007)
• U.S. Launches Strikes Against Al Qaeda Targets in Somalia (January 7-8, 2007)
• Bush Sets New Iraq Strategy; Calls for Sending 20,000 More U.S. Troops (January 10, 2007)
A CQS alum from the Spring 2007 class never makes a career decision without first consulting a fellow Chipster.
1. Ashley Anthony, University of Houston, The Jackson (Tenn.) Sun
2. Stephanie Armenta, Arizona State University, The Arizona Republic (Phoenix)
3. Alexandria Burris, Louisiana State University, The Daily Advertiser (Lafayette, La.)
4. Deanna Dent, Arizona State University, The Bulletin (Bend, Ore.)
5. Diana Diroy, San Jose State University, The Oakland (Calif.) Tribune
6. Gabriela Gonzalez, California State University-Northridge, Ventura County (Calif.) Star
7. Craig Henry, University of Oklahoma, Argus Leader (Sioux Falls, S.D.)
8. Kellie Hwang, University of Washington, The Arizona Republic (Phoenix)
9. Connie Llanos, California State University-Northridge, Daily News (Los Angeles, Calif.)
10. Mariecar Mendoza, California Polytechnic State University, The Desert Sun (Palm Springs, Calif.)
11. Maria Miranda, California State University-Fresno, Madera (Calif.) Tribune
12. Tara-Lynne Pixley, Florida A&M University, The Greenville (S.C.) News
13. Cathy Tran, University of California-Santa Barbara, The Orange County (Calif.) Register
Recap of Orientation:
• Meet the Spring 2007 class (and two Summer Scholars) on what they hope to learn and do as Chips Quinn Scholars.
• The Spring Scholars – along with two Scholars from the Summer 2007 program – just concluded a four-day orientation program at the Diversity Institute in Nashville, Tenn. Read their thoughts and news in the Spring ‘07 blog.