• An Emblem of Evil in the U.S., an Icon to the Cause of Terror (May 2, 2011)
• Man unknowingly liveblogs Bin Laden operation (May 2, 2011)
• As TV Anchors Wait for the Official Report, Social Networks Break the News (May 3, 2011)
• Newspapers see big demand from bin Laden news (May 3, 2011)
• UK: Arab democracy risings may be bigger than 9/11 (May 4, 2011)
• FreedomRiders mark 50th anniversary (May 6, 2011)
CQS multimedia training gave this 2011 alum the job-hunting edge he needed.
1. Ben Corda, Louisiana Tech University, The News-Star (Monroe, La.)
2. Aaron Edwards, Ithaca College, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
3. Kenneth Hawkins, North Carolina A&T State University, St. Petersburg (Fla.) Times
4. Carolina Hidalgo, Stony Brook University, Daily News (New York, N.Y.)
5. Ibrahim Hirsi, University of Minnesota, Newsday (Long Island, N.Y.)
6. Ellen Hirst, University of Nebraska, Omaha (Neb.) World-Herald
7. Leona Johnson, Cleveland State University, The Plain Dealer (Cleveland, Ohio)
8. Kaitlin Keane, Western Kentucky University, St. Cloud (Minn.) Times
9. Jamie Klein, University of Nebraska, St. Petersburg (Fla.) Times
10. Kausandra Lau, University of Arizona, Victoria (Texas) Advocate
11. Farzad Mashhood, University of California-Los Angeles, Austin (Texas) American-Statesman
12. Kelcie McCrae, North Carolina A&T State University, Green Bay (Wis.) Press-Gazette
13. Angela Melero, California State University-Northridge, San Fernando Valley Business Journal (Woodland Hills, Calif.)
14. Armando Montano, Grinnell College, The Chronicle of Higher Education (Washington, D.C.)
15. Kay Nguyen, Oakland University, The Courier-Journal (Louisville, Ky.)
16. Roshni Oommen, University of Kansas, Bay Area News Group
17. Justin Phillips, Louisiana Tech University, Bay Area News Group
18. Salvador Rodriguez, Arizona State University, Los Angeles Times
19. Samatha Sais, University of Arizona, The Arizona Republic (Phoenix)
20. Bertrand Teo, Indiana University, The Courier-Journal (Louisville, Ky.)
21. Stacy Thacker, University of New Mexico-Gallup, Montgomery (Ala.) Advertiser
22. Shemar Woods, Hampton University, The Washington Post
23. An Rong Xu, School of Visual Arts, Rochester (N.Y.) Democrat and Chronicle
Recap of Orientation and Multimedia Training:
• Freedom Forum names 23 Chips Quinn Scholars for Summer 2011 internship program.
• Read their profiles.
• Follow the Scholars as they blog their way through orientation and training in Nashville.
• View the 2011 Summer audio slideshow projects.
• View the 2011 Summer class video projects.