• Health Care Reform: Provisions, New Rules Take Effect (January 1, 2011)
• Pakistani Governor Assassinated Amidst Religious Dispute; Alleged Killer Hailed by Islamist Groups (January 4, 2011)
• 112th Congress Convenes; Republican Boehner Elected House Speaker (January 5, 2011)
• Six Killed, Congresswoman Wounded in Mass Shooting in Arizona; 22-Year-Old Suspect Arrested, Charged (January 8, 2011)
• Tunisian Popular Uprising Overthrows President Ben Ali After Repressive 23-Year Rule (January 14, 2011)
• Thousands Stage Rare Demonstrations Against Egyptian President Mubarak (January 25, 2011)
Jobless and worried before her Chips Quinn internship, a Spring 2011 alum now feels confident about her career choice.
1. David Acosta, University of Texas, El Paso, Scripps Howard Foundation Wire (Washington, D.C.)
2. Amaris Bailey, Louisiana Tech University, The News-Star (Monroe, La.)
3. Katrina Barlow, Whitman College, Walla Walla (Wash.) Union-Bulletin
4. Andrea Castillo, Northwestern University, The Macon (Ga.) Telegraph
5. Melvin Felix, New York University, Scripps Howard Foundation Wire (Washington, D.C.)
6. Elizabeth Gamez, University of Nebraska, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette (Little Rock)
7. Caryn Grant, Howard University, The Macon (Ga.) Telegraph
8. Rigoberto Hernandez, San Francisco State University, The Orange County Register (Santa Ana, Calif.)
9. Adam Lau, San Francisco State University, The Advocate (Baton Rouge, La.)
10. Augusta Liddic, University of North Texas, Springfield (Mo.) News-Leader
11. Carlos Lopez, New Mexico State University, The Santa Fe New Mexican
12. Lindsay Machak, Michigan State University, The Times (Munster, Ind.)
13. Jacob Muselmann, University of Kansas, The Wausau (Wis.) Daily Herald
14. My Nguyen, San Jose State University, St. Cloud (Minn.) Times
15. Jacelle Ramon-Sauberan, University of Arizona, Patch.com
16. Yesenia Robles, University of Colorado, The Denver Post
17. Josh Sanchez, University of the Incarnate Word, The Union Democrat (Sonora, Calif.)
18. Devo’n Williams, Johnson C. Smith University, The Bulletin (Bend, Ore.)
Recap of Orientation and Multimedia Training:
• Freedom Forum names 18 Chips Quinn Scholars for Spring 2011 Internship Program.
• Meet the class of 2011 Spring Chips Quinn Scholars as they arrive to orientation and multimedia training in Nashville, Tenn.
• Read their blogs.
• View the Audio Slideshow projects.
• View the final video projects.
• A video look-back at orientation and multimedia training.