• 111th Congress Opens; Senate Democrats to Accept Illinois Appointee (January 6, 2009)
• Obama Takes Oath of Office as 44th President…First Black President Succeeds Bush (January 20, 2009)
• Iraqi Provincial Elections Bring Wins for Maliki Allies; Voting Largely Free of Violence (January 31, 2009)
An alum credits his CQS multimedia training in 2009 for helping his newspaper to achieve new social-media heights.
1. Lanz Bañes, Webster University-St. Louis, Times-Herald (Vallejo, Calif.)
2. Javier Barrera, City University of New York- Hunter College, America Abroad Media (Washington, D.C.)
3. Dalina Castellanos, University of Arizona, Tri-City Herald (Kennewick, Wash.)
4. Jacqueline Coe, Arizona State University, The Arizona Republic (Phoenix)
5. Karen Francis, University of New Mexico-Gallup, Gallup (N.M.) Independent
6. Bettina Hansen, Arizona State University, The Advocate (Baton Rouge, La.)
7. Jakob Rodgers, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley (Colo.) Daily Tribune
8. Marjon Rostami, University of Texas, The Arizona Republic (Phoenix)
9. Nicole Santa Cruz, University of Arizona, The Bulletin (Bend, Ore.)
10. Marco Santana, Eastern Illinois University, The Associated Press (Des Moines, Iowa)
11. Anthony Williams, University of Texas-Arlington, The Observer (La Grande, Ore.)
Recap of Orientation and Multimedia Training:
• Freedom Forum Diversity Institute names 11 Chips Quinn Scholars for Spring 2009.
• Eleven Chips Quinn Scholars are headed to Nashville, Tenn., for three days of orientation and five days of multimedia training at the John Seigenthaler Center. Meet the new class Chips Quinn Scholars.
• Check out the Spring class of 2009 blog – see their photos and read their impressions of orientation.