• Justice Souter Announces Retirement From U.S. Supreme Court; Obama to Nominate His First Court Justice (May 1, 2009)
• Obama Nominates New York Appeals Court Judge Sotomayor to Fill U.S. Supreme Court Opening; Nominee Would be First Hispanic Justice (May 26, 2009)
• Air France Flight Crashes in Atlantic Ocean (May 31-June 1)
A 2009 alum describes how the mission of the Chips Quinn Scholars program has become hers, too.
A Summer 2009 Scholar reflects on how the multimedia training she received changed the course of her career.
1. Everton Bailey Jr., St. John’s University, The Associated Press-Hartford, Conn.
2. Emma Carew, University of Minnesota, The Washington Post
3. Carolyn Chin, Wayne State University, The Denver Post
4. Thaisi Da Silva, Hampton University, TimesDaily (Florence, Ala.)
5. Charles Davis, Western Illinois University, Green Bay (Wis.) Press-Gazette
6. Adolfo Flores, California State University-Northridge, The Dispatch (Lexington, N.C.)
7. Jasmine Gray, Middle Tennessee State University, The Courier-Journal (Louisville, Ky.)
8. April Gregory, University of Montana, St. Cloud (Minn.) Times
9. Jamie Hughes, University of Oklahoma, St. Cloud (Minn.) Times
10. Linsen Li, University of Kentucky, The Courier-Journal (Louisville, Ky.)
11. Aaron Montoya, Colorado State University, The Denver Post
12. Andrea Morales, Ohio University, Rochester (N.Y.) Democrat and Chronicle
13. Andres Navarro, University of Arizona, The Orange County Register (Santa Ana, Calif.)
14. Christopher Ramirez, Arizona State University, Rochester (N.Y.) Democrat and Chronicle
15. Derek Sijder, San Jose State University, Silicon Valley Community Newspapers (San Jose, Calif.)
16. Ryan Strong, Northern Illinois University, St. Petersburg (Fla.) Times
17. Juana Summers, University of Missouri, Austin (Texas) American-Statesman
18. Andrea Vasquez, University of Nebraska, The Vicksburg (Miss.) Post
19. Christina Wright, Howard University, The Associated Press-Chicago
Orientation and Multimedia Training Recap:
The Summer 2009 Chips Quinn Scholars are in Nashville, Tenn., for nine days of orientation and multimedia training.
• Check out their blog (Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Final Day and Multimedia) and read about what they are doing, learning and thinking.
• Read the press release.
• View their multimedia projects. (The projects are updated throughout the training – so look for new ones daily).
• Read mini-profiles of the 2009 Summer Chips Quinn.